Our range of workshops for organisations’ employees and volunteers can be delivered flexibly to suit the needs of your organisation –including half day and full day workshops. Most of the workshops will be delivered within your workplace, onsite at Virgin care in the city centre or Newman Health & Wellbeing can host if space is an issue for you.
Workshop facilitators are drawn from Senior Lecturers, Practitioners and Managers within Newman University and Newman Health & Wellbeing.
OUR CURRENT WORKSHOPS
STRESS AWARENESS WORKSHOP
Pressure at work – and home – can often lead to stress which, in turn, can result in higher depression levels as well as reduced performance and increased absence from work. Through this workshop we will identify the key causes of stress and strategies for reducing the levels of stress being experienced.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE WORKSHOP
Our emotional intelligence workshop teaches participants to be more effective when they find themselves in difficult emotional situations within the workplace. The workshop will cover:
- The importance of emotional intelligence within the workplace
- Offer tools to help facilitate cooperation and collaboration
- Introduce methods to help them implement new ways of improving productivity and teamwork
WELLBEING IN THE WORKPLACE
Workplace wellbeing is about employers and their staff working together to achieve positive outcomes for individuals and teams. If individuals are encouraged to take responsibility for their health and wellbeing, with the support of their employer, positive change can be achieved within a progressive environment. Learners will:
- Take time to consider personal wellbeing at work
- Consider the implications of poor emotional wellbeing on the individual and the workplace
- Set personal goals and objectives in relation to adapting habits and behaviour
- Learn techniques that can improve mental heath
- Consider the implications for colleagues and the wider workplace
Developing effective interpersonal skills can inevitably help build rapport and healthy working relationships. If we learn to be reflective, patient listeners who communicate effectively at work, inevitably we will relate better to our colleagues and be more productive and content. It can also make for highly developed supervisors and managers. It’s why every employer wants to recruit applicants who excel in this area. Learners will:
- Assess communication styles and how they impact different situations
- Assess how to adapt own communication style
- Consider the importance of active listening and common pitfalls
- Learn techniques to improve listening skills
- Explore self-awareness
SMASHING THE STIGMA (available from Feb 2019)
Mental ill health is a major absence management concern. When mental ill health affects your people, it affects your business. It reduces productivity and is a major cause of employee absence. Good employers know that it pays to look after their staff, but mental health is a stigmatised subject and rarely dealt with strategically as managers are unclear on how to identify a wellbeing strategy that will work.
This is where SMASHING THE STIGMA training comes in. This 1 day training course will cover:
- Myth busting
- Spotting the signs
- Starting a conversation
- Managing mental health before, during and after absence