IAPT for adults
Newman Health & Wellbeing, a member of the Living Well Consortium, can offer adults six free sessions of counselling if their GP’s surgery is registered with the Birmingham South Central CCG.
If you demonstrate signs of distress associated with stress, anxiety and/or depression then you may be eligible for the following:
- 6 free sessions of one to one counselling
- Support with identifying short term goals to help improve wellbeing
- Available at our suite of counselling rooms based at Newman University, Bartley Green
- Offer of more sessions in exceptional circumstances
If you would like to find out more about what we offer – and how to refer young people – then please get in touch with our Administrator (Colette Simpson) for a confidential chat on 0121 483 2205.
Counselling can help you with:
- Anger and Anxiety
- Depression and low mood
- Bereavement and loss
- Difficulties with relationships of all types
- Difficulties with transitions or adjusting
- Trauma and all types of abuse
- Stress including exam related stress
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Food/eating concerns
At first I was a bit nervous, talking about feelings made me vulnerable. It wasn’t a new experience for me, but it felt different this time. It was really refreshing to talk to someone without feeling judged.
A, aged 14
Counselling Contact Details
If you would like to find out more about Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling and Psychotherapy, please contact using the methods listed below:
Telephone – 0121 483 2205